MA study programme: Digital Teacher of English
was opened in 2014 (which means we have the first graduates already).
It is a teacher training programme which gives you full qualifications required to be employed, as a teacher of English, in all types of schools.
Apart from knowledge and skills needed in a regular language classroom, the Digital Teacher of English programme develops:
- knowledge about different ways in which the computer (broadly understood) can enhance language learning and teaching
- skills necessary to develop digital materials for language learning, from a single activity to a full-fledged course
- ability to blend the traditional and the digital in the language class
- knowledge of, dexterity with and a certain degree of autonomy about the use of various digital tools useful in the language class
- familiarity with concepts such as gamification, online project work (including telecollaboration) or mobile assisted language learning along with hands-on experience of what these concepts stand for